By Krissy Hanna
“For he himself is our peace…” Ephesians 2:14
Jesus is our peace.
I often find peace…
- in financial security.
- near the quiet stream.
- in the middle of a song lyric.
- under a canopy of aspens.
- when everyone in the family is acting kind.
- when I get what I want.
- while accomplishing things.
- when my house is clean.
- in relationships devoid of drama.
- When everyone is following the rules.
But there is still peace…
- when my finances are a mess.
- when a bulldozer wrecks the area around the stream.
- while someone plays the wrong chord.
- as the trees are being chopped down.
- when there is chaos in my family.
- when I don’t get what I want.
- even if I don’t get things done.
- when my house is a full-on mess.
- when relationships fall apart.
- when no one is following the rules, including me.
- if in the midst of it all, I remember
He himself is our peace.